LASER HAIR REMOVAL
If you are tired of waxing, shaving or tweezing for unwanted hair, laser hair removal is your best choice. Here at Paramedical beauty clinic, we use the most effective combined lasers for different areas and skin types to achieve the best results.
DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT EFFECT YOUR SWEAT GLANDS?
No, it does not affect your sweat glands.
It ruptures only the hair follicle which doesn’t damage the surrounding skin or sweat glands.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO YOU NEED?
The average amount of sessions needed is 6-10 sessions depending on the body area and an individual’s physiology (i.e. hormones, etc). You may require ongoing maintenance treatments once or twice a year.
Fotona’s high-performance Nd:YAG laser system has introduced new standards of efficiency in providing safe and effective hair reduction – using an innovative system that effectively targets hair follicles with a combination of selective and homogenous photothermolysis.
LightSheer Desire Laser
LightSheer Desire reduces treatment time by up to 75% and eliminates the need for messy gel. This enables us to offer you affordable hair removal using safe and proven technology.
Diode Laser 808nm
High speed Diode laser 808nm hair removal treatment without gel, reduce treatment times. Suitable for I-VI skin types.
- The area of treatment should be shaved at least 12 hours prior to treatment.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes on the day.
- Avoid alcohol or smoking the night before and on the day of the treatment.
- Drink at least 1 litre of water the day before and the day of treatment，this helps your body to regulate its temperature.
- Avoid applying any products on areas of treatment, keep it dry and clean prior to treatment.
- Do not exercise just before the treatment.
- Do not expose the skin to UV light, sunbeds or apply any self-tanning products for 8 weeks prior to treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- The intense heat from the laser beam damages the hair follicles, which inhibits hair growth. You might feel discomforts, such as a warm pinprick, and you’ll likely feel a sensation of cold contact from the cooling system or gel.
- Certain sensitive areas may cause swelling (oedema).
- The treated skin will be sensitive, painful, fragile, blistering and therefore could tear when rubbed
- There may be a small risk of scarring. Hyper/hypopigmentation and loss of some of the skin surface may occur, however, the risk is minimised if sunscreen (SPF 50 or greater) with Zinc is used.
- Prolonged itching may occur but keep the area cool and apply aloe vera gel or calming creams.
- Apply an ice-pack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort or irritation.
- Apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for 3 days after the treatment.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry for 48 hours.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid exposing skin to UV light, sunbeds or self-tan for at least 2 weeks after treatment. This is to minimise the darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- Avoid heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing or applying pressure to the skin for 4-5 days. This is to allow the treated skin to recover and to prevent any infection.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exercising for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid hot baths and hot showers for 48 hours.
- Avoid anything that involves chlorine (e.g. swimming) for 48 hours.
- Avoid make-up on the treated area for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid the application of perfumed products or bleaching creams for 48 hours.
- Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.