Look great for your pleasure
Neurotoxin, MuscleRelaxants or Wrinkle Relaxants
Neurotoxin, Muscle Relaxants or Wrinkle Relaxants are purified protein toxins, injected into various areas ( usually the facial muscles) to reduce movement. Another term is Neuromodulators. The area’s muscle is targeted, and in around one week, there is less movement/and or less wrinkles.
What Are The Best Areas?
- Common areas to treat are-Frown, forehead ( bar- code lines), crows feet.
- Less common areas are masseters, and platysmal bands( turkey neck), chin, and nose, shoulder, lower leg.
- In addition “face- lifting” and sweating areas
Who Should Not Get Neurotoxin, Muscle Relaxants?
Patients need to be older than 18 years of age, and not be pregnant, or breastfeeding, or have other contraindications,.
- Try to avoid icing the injection site, while it used to be common practice, new research shows that it can slow the uptake of the toxin in the muscle.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area and avoid make-up if possible.
- Not putting your head down for about four hours
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night
- Do not exercise or take part in any strenuous activities for the next 12 hrs
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption for the next 24hrs
- Do not have facials, facial massage for 2 weeks- this may cause the injected solution to spread to nearby muscles.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas for the next 2 weeks